After two years of escalating threats and tariffs, the U.S. and China have signed a trade deal. In what is known as Phase 1 of a larger agreement, Beijing pledged to increase purchases of U.S. goods, while U.S. tariffs remain on $360 billion of Chinese imports. Nick Schifrin reports and Judy Woodruff talks to Peter Navarro, director of the White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy.
Related Items
White House trade adviser Peter Navarro predicts US economy will continue to roar in 2020
White House trade adviser Peter Navarro predicts US economy will continue to roar in 2020 | Fox News Video White House trade adviser Peter Navarro reveals his big predictions for the stock market, trade and unemployment in 2020 on ‘America’s Newsroom.’ December 30, 2019 – Fox News White House trade adviser Peter Navarro reveals his More…
Bloomberg: After Defeating Cohn, Trump’s Trade Warrior Is on the Rise Again
President Donald Trump’s nationalist trade adviser Peter Navarro has staged a startling comeback. Last year he nearly disappeared from view when his small operation was subsumed under the White House’s National Economic Council, which was headed by his rival, Gary Cohn, the free-trader who was president of Goldman Sachs. Now, Cohn’s on his way out More…
PBS: U.S. won’t have a future if China continues unfair trade practices, says Trump adviser
White House trade adviser Peter Navarro says that if the U.S. allows China to cheat and steal American intellectual property, “we won’t have a future.” And America has a right, Navarro tells Judy Woodruff, to defend American economic and national security by imposing tariffs on China. They discuss President Trump’s outlook and the effects on American industries like agriculture.